PACT Clinical Research
Our available studies are listed below and are updated regularly. To register for or view details about a study, please click on the specific study box below. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at (602) 346-4747
Ready to see if you qualify for one of our Pulmonary, Sleep and Research Studies through PACT?
Frequently Asked Questions
The benefits vary depending on the study you are participating in. Participants may get a new treatment for a disease that is not currently available to everyone else. You are given the opportunity to play a more active role in your own health care. You also are helping play a role in the effort to provide new medications and information that might benefit other people who have the disease. You will receive no cost medical care during your study. We understand that your time is valuable therefore most of our studies do compensate for time and travel. There are risks of side effects that might occur during a study. You would be informed of those risks. Studies are designed to minimize risks as much as possible and you would be closely monitored throughout your participation for your safety.
That will depend on the study you are interested in. Our office typically participates in two different types of studies.
- Diagnosis Specific studies do require a medical diagnosis, such as Asthma, COPD, and Pulmonary Fibrosis. In the list of current studies available it will include what specific diagnosis you should have prior to participating.
- Healthy Volunteer Studies are looking for healthy individuals that have not been diagnosed with any medical conditions and are not on any prescription medications. These studies are usually performed to get an idea how a medication is distributed throughout the body and to help get a better idea of the possible side effects from using the study medication.
- The first step is to contact our office. You can call our office at 602-346-4747.
- It is important to screen your medical history and explain the study to you over the phone. It generally takes about 10 minutes to complete a phone screen so we make sure you will fit the guidelines set by the protocol. If you don’t meet criteria the first time, with your permission we can add you to our database for future studies you may qualify for.
- Once you’ve been prescreened and determined a potential good fit for the study we will schedule an office visit to review the study as part of an informed consent process and go over the informed consent after you have had as much time as you need to review the informed consent form. You will spend time with the coordinator and Principal Investigator making sure you understand and feel comfortable participating in the study.
- If you agree to participate and meet all the criteria and sign all the Informed Consent documents assessments called for by the study will be begun to make sure that you are eligible.
- Each study has different study schedules and your coordinator will go over that in detail with you. Generally all studies require blood draws, EKG’s and office visits. Some studies will require additional items like completing a daily diary, or sleep studies. Each protocol has different requirements. A complete study schedule will be given to you during your first office visit.
We understand it can be difficult to remember every diagnosis or surgery throughout your life. Before you come in to our office we ask that patients bring a list of:
- any previous diagnoses and surgeries
- current medications with doses
- your physician’s phone number/fax number so we can request your medical records
About our Research Center
At PACT, we are proud to continue to provide excellent service in our legacy areas of pulmonary trials, sleep disorders, and pharmacokinetic studies. Our state-of-the-art facility provides our participants with a cardio pulmonary exercise (CPX) unit, a pulmonary function lab, sleep lab with bed availability prioritized for research subjects, along with beds in our office for overnight visits, onsite x-ray equipment, ECG machines, IV pumps, and more.
We are always focusing on how we can be that site at the top of the list when sponsors are recruiting investigation sites. We assess our resources, staff, equipment, and research space regularly to make sure we are doing everything possible to make PACT the go-to site for sponsors and CROs. We are pleased to have many sponsors return to our research site time and time again to get the same quality that they have come to know and expect from our site.
PACT Is a World Leader in Pulmonary Research
Under the direction of Dr. David Baratz, Director of Clinical Research, PACT investigators have conducted over 500 studies with at least 100 sponsors and more than 15 CROs in all phases of clinical research.
Experience such as this, combined with the excellence of our full-time study coordinators, a full-time pulmonary function technician, and a regulatory document specialist enable us to provie sponsors with a research staff able to anticipate enrollment challenges and address the situation before precious time is wasted. This keeps sponsors’ budgets and timelines on track.
PACT has significant experience and expertise in all aspects of pulmonary diseases and sleep disorders. In addition, PACT has many years of research experience in the field of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) with multiple studies on lung PK/PD published in peer review literature.
Our research is supported by 13 providers with sub-investigators having significant research experience. Recent research has been done with subjects who have asthma, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, bronchiectasis, insomnia, sleep apnea, and narcolepsy.
We have an extensive database, which allows us to successfully enroll patients into our research studies, and our familiarity with these areas helps us avoid potential pitfalls that others might have, as evidenced by our low screen failure rates.
About our Doctors
DAVID M. BARATZ, M.D.
MARK H. GOTFRIED, M.D.
Medical Director/Principal Investigator
J. BURR ROSS, M.D., FAA
STEPHEN R. ANTHONY, M.D.
Sponsor a Study with Pulmonary Associates
We appreciate the opportunities we have had to partner with the many sponsors and CROs that we have worked with to date, and welcome discussions regarding our capabilities and experience as they relate to potential new studies.
Our mission is to conduct clinical trials successfully with exacting standards in order to build longstanding relationships with our customers. We look forward to hearing from you!